Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday wrapup


A special shout-out to the amazing vendors who were featured at today's market demo!

Eggs - Full of Life Farm ($5/doz)
These eggs were definitely full of life! These eggs have thick, healthy shells and yellowy yolks. For the best dish, use no less than the best eggs.
Sausage - Tails & Trotters ($6/lb or about $4 for 4 sausages)
It was a pleasure to cook with such fragrantly spiced pork sausage. I was blown away by the taste and smell. This vendor is very knowledgeable about food pairings and asked me what direction my menu was going. I said I wanted something chicken-y with sage or basil herbs and he gave me this fantastic, non-intimidating breakfast type sausage to put inside the buckwheat crepes. Amazing. 5 stars. I'm in love with artisan cured meats.
Spinach ($1.50/bunch), Parsley ($1/bunch), Dill ($1.75/bunch) - Martinez Family Farms
These greens added much needed color and flavor to my dish (buckwheat crepe sandwiches). I noticed that their spinach was washed much better than the grocery store stuff, and tasted better. The dill packed a punch in my aioli--I can't wait till my garden dill grows up! Or if it doesn't, there's always Martinez Family Farms...




No comments:

Post a Comment